From all of us at Seed2Life International, we sincerely thank you for taking time to read our story.
In April of 2012, during a ministry leaders conference in Tacoma, WA, the vision for Seed2Life International was planted in the heart of our founder and board president, Brian Hetzer – by helping to resource and equip churches and ministries around world, we help them fulfill their God-given purpose to serve others and share the Gospel.
Just a short couple of months later (June 2012) seven friends with a similar passion gathered in Yakima, WA for our first board of directors meeting and officially established Seed2Life International. The initial board of directors included Brian & Debra Hetzer, Joel and Mallory Huibregtse, Mark Hesseltine, Kristi Andring (now Smith), Tamara Ralston and Danielle Beaudry (now Smith).
We envisioned Seed2Life being a catalyst for helping people help people. Not only did we want to equip those on the frontlines of serving those who struggle in their communities, but we also desired Seed2Life to be an easy way for people with resources to share to be able to strategically do that in ways that provide tangible, life-changing impact they can be proud of.
As our Seed2Life story continues to be written, we are excited for the opportunities God brings to partner with Him in restoring hope and transforming lives. As a team, we are in great anticipation for the amazing stories that will continue to be written as we invest into life-changing ministries, missions, and churches all over the globe. Isaiah 58:10 tells us that when we feed the hungry and help those in trouble, it’s then that our light will shine! We are excited for what lies ahead as we help to support what God is already doing around the world to continue shining the Light of Christ into communities.
Below is a brief of our completed projects/partnerships in chronological order (newest first):
- Partnership with Quenched, based in Phoenix, AZ. Quenched drills clean water wells in N. India and Nepal for communities/villages in the remote areas where clean, uncontaminated water is non-existent or very limited. Working with indigenous pastors, the Gospel is shared during a well dedication ceremony for each well drilled. Seed2Life was able to sponsor (3) wells.
- Partnership with Harvest Compassion Center, Phoenix, AZ. HCC operates three centers that provide food, clothing, baby supplies, toiletries, prayer and bibles for struggling families and the homeless. Seed2Life was able to provide 55 cases of much needed baby diapers and wipes for use in their centers.
- Partnership with Heart of the City Band/Ministries, Osseo, MN. We love that we were able to help encourage the people of the Pine Ridge Reservation by providing support to send 80 CDs filled with life-changing worship and testimonies that share the hope and healing Jesus wants to bring into our lives.
- Partnership with ACTS Homeless Ministry (Central Christian Church), Mesa, AZ, to provide supplies for their upcoming Fall/Winter outreaches to local homeless and those struggling. Seed2LIfe was able to deliver 60 sleeping bags, 60 coats and blankets and 40 pairs of shoes. This partnership was in memory of Jeffrey Michael Woods.
- Partnership with Ridgeways Baptist Church in Nairobi, Kenya to provide bibles for their outreaches, where they see 500-1,000 people accept Christ annually. 340 bibles in Swahili and English were sent to be used as part of their community outreach.
- Partnership with Sus Hijos, El Salvador. As part of their 5 Days of Christmas, where they give specific gifts/fill needs of local kids (orphanages, youth detention) and families (they’ve been ministering too), provided funds for the purchase of turkeys, basic needs bags, shoes/socks and party supplies (pinatas).
- Partnered with 20+ year missionaries Dan and Christie Reich in Paraguay (S. America). Seed2Life helped purchase 1,000 bibles in the local language that will use in remote villages in Paraguay.
- Board of Directors retreat/planning sessions for 2020 and beyond (Chandler, AZ). Team participated in a food packing session at Feed My Starving Children.
- partnership with Sus Hijos. Sponsored 50 kids as part of a 600-kid annual Day of the Child celebration in San Salvador, El Salvador. Sus Hijos took a large group of kids from local orphanages and treated them to a day at a water park, food, and a new pair of shoes!
- partnership with Extreme Ministries International in Baganga, The Philippines to provide over 300 bibles for their ministry to youth, jails, and remote villages.
- partnership with Out of the Ashes to contribute funds toward gifts for the 450 children they sponsor in Christian boarding schools around Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- partnership with Weekend Missions in Rocky Point, MX to provide funds to sponsor 50 local youth to attend the WEM Youth Camp in Rocky Point.
- short-term ministry development partnership with Ahtanum Valley Assembly of God church to help them create a food distribution ministry for their local community. Provided a ministry plan (Mobile Manna).
- Seed2Life Board of Directors Retreat, Rocky Point, MX. In partnership with Weekend Missions, the Seed2Life board served the people of Rocky Point, building and painting a community playground area. We also spent time together as a Board praying and discussing our past, present, and future goals.
- Seed2Life International headquarters officially moved to Chandler, AZ, establishing a new board of directors, welcoming new Treasurer Teri Hunter-Smith and Partnership Development Director Jessica Heidmann.
Approved a short-term partnership with Genesis Project, Apache Junction, AZ. We provided a freezer-less refrigerator for their on-going kitchen support, as they continue to provide 120 - 140 hot meals a day for those in need.
- Partnership with Visiting Orphans, Nashville, TN to build a home for a family of 12 in San Salvador; also in cooperation with Starfish Orphan Ministry, Paducah, KY (sent a group of high school/college students) and Sus Hijos (the ministry there in San Salvador). While there, we also worked with kids and adults from six orphanages and distributed lots of food and bibles to the homeless and people living in remote areas.
- Partnership with Out of the Ashes, Lebanon, MO. This ministry takes children living in the city dumps of Korah, Ehtiopia and places them in local Christian boarding schools; giving these children hope and a brighter future. Seed2LIfe sent 252 pairs of shoes to the children who had none.
- Our first ministry partnership - Madison House, Yakima WA. This ministry is the local Union Gospel Missions Youth center. With 150 dozen cookies and volunteers, helped to serve over 2,000 people with gifts, goodies and a Gospel play - 40 people responded to the Gospel message.
- Seed2Life Board of Directors training based on the book, "When Helping Hurts" by Fikkert and Corbett.
- Approved for federal charitable non-profit 501(c)3 status.
- Development of Seed2Life International begins in Yakima, WA.